Friday, December 31, 2021

Inflation Strikes Pizza

 My wife and I order the occasional pizza from Dominos.  For years our usual order was about $17 plus tip.  These days it's up to $31.  Part of that is the inclusion of a delivery charge, part is a more generous tip.  I suspect not only are the ingredients a bit more costly, but salaries for the help are up and management has been scared by the ups and downs of operating through the pandemic, thus becoming more cautious.  And the reality is that demand likely has stayed strong because of the pandemic. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fast food companies have posted record profits for the last 18 months. Morons like you and your wife consume poison and pay for the privilege.

Bill Harshaw said...

I think pizza is pretty good nutrition, except likely for the salt.

I assume you've been living on home-cooking your whole life?