Tuesday, September 22, 2009

K Street Lobbyists and Other Trivia

Time for my dentist visit today.  His office is in DC near K St and 20th.  As usual I got downtown with time to spare, so I spent it people-watching.  My impressions:
  • K street lobbyists and their support staff and the others who work in the K street area are not obese.  I may have seen more women who could put on 5 pounds than people who were obese.
  • the briefcase is totally passe.  Mostly I saw canvas bags which could have been laptop carriers, sometimes carried by the handle, sometimes with a shoulder strap. That's probably mostly male.
  • backpacks are in.  Saw a lot on both men and women.
  • suits and ties are an endangered species. There were some men in the full getup, but it wasn't the majority.  Add in men with tie but no jacket and men with jacket but no tie and you'd get closer to a majority.
Other items--the Metro train was more crowded than on previous visits, there was almost universal violation of the HOT-2 rules on I-66, and there seem to be more acorns this year than last.

No comments: