Monday, July 13, 2020

I Was a Redskin Fan

In my youth I followed the NY Giants, which was the team being carried on local TV. After college and Army I lost most contact with the Giants, although for a couple years they had an ex-Cornell quarterback, Gary Wood., who may have been a better athlete than Tiger Woods BTW.

Living in DC and following sports in the Washington Post I gradually became a Redskins fan, especially during the glory days of the Hogs. As I grew older and the Redskins started losing more often my involvement started to falter some.

I can't claim to have ever been particularly bothered by the team's name.  I know that gives me a bad mark, if it doesn't actually make me a bad name. But I'm not going to rewrite my history.

I anticipate I'll still be interested and root for the Washington NFL team this fall, if they actually play games. 

So be it.

No comments: