Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Klobuchar for SCOTUS? or President?

Via Volokh, a long post by Tom Goldstein predicting what happens in Supreme Court positions.  (Short answer: Stevens retires, Ginsburg doesn't.)  He runs through the possible candidates, ending with Sen. Klobuchar. From what little I've seen of her, I was mentally tipping her for POTUS.  When you ask, who will run for the Dems after Obama, and who might be the next female candidate, she seems to me to stand out.  Remains to be seen whether she would want either job.

[Updated: I Googled "Klobuchar for President" and found I'm out-of-date.  Here's a discussion--apparently she has too much of a sense of humor to be President.  Not a disqualification in my eyes--our most humorous President was also our greatest.]

No comments: