Friday, June 04, 2021

Eight Thousand Posts

 I just noticed I've so far published 8001 posts.  Ann Althouse rightfully boasts of her record of daily posting since she began, which was before me. I can't say the same.  I've missed some days, particularly in recent years, and the pace of my blogging has slowed to a post a day.  Some days I'm pretty dry, as today.  It's been drier since Jan. 20. 

I've probably got another 6,000 draft posts.  Sometimes I get an idea for a post, create one with just the title, then go off to do something else.  By the time I get back, I'm wondering what I was going to write, or at least the energy to write on the subject has dwindled away.  Sometimes I write part of one but don't have even the ghost of an ending (endings have always been a problem) so don't publish.  

A few times I've found the subject too controversial; I didn't want to get into it.  That's usually the case with issues of race.  

One of these years I'll go back and skim my past writings, see whether they've stood up.  Not today. Too tired after gardening and errand running. 

No comments: