Monday, July 05, 2021

FSA Employee Is Credited

Politico has a long piece on FSA loans to black farmers.  It's not full of praise, to say the least.  Not sure whether I'll come back to it, but it does end with this nice bit

What helped Cleaver was a woman in the FSA office who took the time to explain the processes.

“She was like an angel. I had been going through the loan officers and the HBCU [historically Black colleges and universities] that was here and they couldn't get anything done,” he said. “[She] held my hand and she told me everything step by step. She was patient, she was polite.”

I'm sorry Politico doesn't provide email addresses for its reporters so I could compliment Ximena Bustillo for including this.  I think in years of following reporting on FSA and race it's the first time I've seen a compliment published.


No comments: