Thursday, January 28, 2021

Siloed Covid Data

 I posted about registering for an appointment for the vaccine shot through the Fairfax county site.  Then Sunday I got a shot from Kaiser Permanente.  Today I got an Invitation to Schedule Appointment from Fairfax county.  Unlike the Kaiser site, I can't find a way to update Fairfax's data to show I've been vaccinated.  I've emailed them with the problem.  If it's not solved, the vaccination data for Fairfax county residents will be inaccurate. 

[Update: got a nice response from Brian at the Fairfax site suggesting using my appointment ticket to cancel.  Responded that I tried, but couldn't see a way to do so. Amanda at the Fairfax site replied she'd tell the IT people to do it. 

I guess the stats could be handled by taking the population of Fairfax and comparing it to the sum of those vaccinated by various providers in the county.  That would assume that every provider identifies the residence of the people they jab.] 

No comments: