Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Modernity Amazes Me: HD Delivery

I suspect that occasional posts on this blog show that I'm sometimes amazed by how things work today.

Another such episode today:

Yesterday I bought $300+ worth of 2 x 12 boards to replace the old ones forming the walls of my raised beds in the garden.  This morning they were delivered:

  • got a phone call from the delivery telling me she was on her way
  • drove to the garden plots to meet here.
  • the delivery vehicle was a tractor with a flat bed trailer and a fork lift (truck?) on the back end.
  • I told her where to drop the boards, she found a parking place, unstrapped the pallet with the wood, started the fork lift and moved the boards off the trailer to the spot.
  • took a picture of the boards, got in the truck and drove off.
The whole process took about 45 minutes and was accomplished by one person.  She wasn't a Home Depot employee, and the truck wasn't an HD vehicle, it was a Penske rental.

No comments: